There are many people that think that aromatherapy isn't scientific and has no impact on our health. Well that simply is not true. Essential oils can be the best natural air filtration system in the world. In the basic sense, diffusing essential oils helps your home stay safe from harmful virus and bacteria, while providing a wonderful aroma without any chemicals. You can choose to purchase air fresheners that have the potential to harm you as much as the virus and bacteria, or you can diffuse essential oils as a natural alternative. Research has shown that diffusing essential oil eliminates life-threatening airborne micro-organisms. That sounds like a positive impact on our health and it can be measured.
What is an Essential Oil Diffuser?
An electric atomizing diffuser is device uniquely designed to dispense essential oils into the atmosphere where they can remain suspended for up to several hours. It is the most effective way to break down essential oils into a micro-fine vapor without harming or altering their valuable healing properties. Since there is no heat involved in this process, there is no change in the chemical structure of the vital chemical constituents of the essential oil.
The Process and Benefits of Diffusing Essential Oils
The best way to get oils into your body and environment is to inhale them. When essential oils are diffused, the molecules are broken up into micro-fine mist particles. These mist particles stay suspended in the air for long periods of time. Not only does this reduce bacteria, mold and odors in the air, but these micro-mist particles also benefit those who inhale them. When an essential oil mist is inhaled, it travels through the nasal passage to a receptor neuron that transports them up to the limbic system. The limbic system supports a variety of functions, including emotion, behaviour, motivation, memory and olfaction. For example, if an essential oil has a frequency known to relax or stimulate, the limbic system receives this input and creates neurochemicals that are sent through the body to relax or energize and become more active. Diffusing essential oils allows you to control the amount of oil you want to diffuse more easily by adding more or less oil depending on how you strong would like it.
Through the method of diffusion, essential oils provide the following benefits:
· Help boost the immune system thereby creating positive health effects
· Eliminate harmful molds, viruses and bacteria from your environment.
· Purify the air and increases oxygen.
· Destroys mold spores and stale odors.
· Help you relax without taking pills that make you groggy. In fact aromatherapy can complement, reduce or eliminate the need for prescription medications for many common conditions such as sleep disorders, depression, PMS, and ADHD as examples.
· Improve focus and concentration.
· Lift your mood, ease your stress, and energize your day.
· Provide a welcoming aromatic clean environment for guests.
How a person responds to aromatherapy can be anywhere from miraculous to just a nice smell. We are all different. Most of us are somewhere in between that continuum. It is important to keep in mind that aromatherapy is a type of alternative medicine. Although most essential oils are generally considered safe, some essential oils should be avoided when some medical conditions are present. It is important that you understand the safety information for any essential oil you are going to diffuse. If you have any questions or concerns, consult your health care professional.
Five Good Reasons to Invest in an Essential Oil Diffuser
1. Cleans the Air: Essential oils are part of the therapy of a diffuser and it is well known that many essential oils are anti-bacterial and/or anti-microbial. This means that when vaporized with a diffuser into your air, foul and harmful airborne pathogens can be disarmed. Your immune system is strengthened as well, plus your airways are kept nice and moist. These warrior oils include eucalyptus, cinnamon, peppermint, oregano and clove.
2. Healthy Mental Health: Careful use of essential oils can increase your mental health. We hear so much media reporting around this issue and it is important. What if your mental health is improved by what you smell? Lavender, sweet orange and cedarwood will help relax you. Rosemary, basil, cardamom and sandalwood can help with mental clarity and improve your focus. A diffuser by your work station or in the office can improve the indoor air quality as well.
3. The Dreaded Summer Cold: It happens and seems so much worse than that winter one. A diffuser with eucalyptus can help open those passageways so you can sleep. Peppermint, spearmint, rosemary and pine all help to reduce inflammation in the lungs. If you suffer from summer allergies, regularly diffusing oils may ease that misery as well as work to eliminate headaches or sinus pain.
4. Emotional Wellbeing: Emotional health is an important component of our busy lives. When life has you stressed or worn out, it can really boost your mood to have a gentle scent of grapefruit, lemon or lavender in the air. Using a diffuser as you drift off to sleep improves the quality and longevity of your rest. And we all know how a good night’s sleep can boost our energy for the next day.
5. Chemical Free: Diffusing essential oils is a much safer way to gently clean your indoor air than by burning a candle or incense. It is definitely a healthier alternative to burning paraffin and other harmful synthetic chemicals.
Did you know?
French chemist René-Maurice Gattefossé first used the word “aromatherapy” in 1937. In 1910, he burned his hand and used lavender oil to sooth it. It healed quickly and cleanly without a scar. He was interested in oils from that point on.
Popular Article Links:
Kill Mold Naturally with Essential
Surviving Seasonal Allergies with Essential Oils
Essential Oils to Kill Mold and Mildew
A Natural Solution for Removing Toxic Mold
Cold and Flu Essential Oil Blend
Benefits of Tea Tree Essential Oil
25 Peppermint Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
What are the Different Methods of Diffusion by Respiratory Therapist
University Lab Proves Nebulizing Diffusers are Most Therapeutic
Choosing the Best Essential Oil Diffusers Minus the Confusion
The Most Therapeutic Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffusers
How Well Do You Know Your Diffusers?
What is the Best Essential Oil Diffuser?
Itchy Dog Spray with Essential Oils
Benefits of Essential Oil in Skin Care
Essential Oils for Allergy Relief
Sinus Essential Oil Diffuser Blend
Germ Kill Diffuser Blend
What are Carrier Oils?
Homemade Bug Repellant with Essential Oils
Tea Tree Oil Uses and Benefits
History of Diffusers
Antibacterial Essential Oils
Anti-Fungal Essential Oils
Lemon Oil Recipes to Cleanse and Energize
Health Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil
20 Simple Diffuser EO Blend Recipes
Five Best Essential Oils For Allergy Relief
Editor’s Note/Disclaimer: The
information in this article is intended for your educational use only; does not
necessarily reflect the opinions of Diffuser World, Inc.; and is not a
substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or
treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health
provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and
before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.
Editor’s Note/Disclaimer: The information in this article is intended for your educational use only; does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Diffuser World, Inc.; and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.